Vikas has a 20-year proven track record across Cross Geography Business Leadership roles, IT Services Business, Service Provider Business and Cloud Computing. During his career, Vikas has led large teams and charters in India/South Asia Region. Vikas’s current primary responsibility since 2016 as Director of IBMs largest business unit is to lead and be fully accountable for the Infrastructure Services Business and Capability in IBM India and South Asia, and be ultimately responsible for the sales, delivery and support teams aligned to the Infrastructure Services.
Over the last ten years with IBM, Vikas has proliferated into the Sr. Management Role at IBM India leading various roles, right from a Regional Leader to Strategy & Operations, Product / Service Line Development. Vikas’s journey into IT services began as the Branch Manager for Network Solutions and worked with CMS Computers, Compsel early in his career.
- Managed complex sales environments in streamlining profit centre operations & business turnarounds
- Final Negotiation & Deal Closures Expert in IBM for handling Global Clients and closing large deals
- Devised & executed winning business turnaround strategies to accomplish multi-fold growth – recent transformation to a Hybrid Cloud player
- Recognized as Thought Leader with ability to contribute across sales management value chain and consistently achieving projected sales target
- Build consensus, develop peak performers, network with high profile customers & stakeholders from diverse industries and drive improvements & benchmark best practices in change environment.
Vikas has authored various articles, and contributes to key publications where draws his insights from this numerous successful IT projects. He also frequently speaks at key IT and public conferences on a variety of topics. He has a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) from University of Pune and MBA from Bharathi Vidyapeeth.