Countdown to Supply Chain 4.0
Capturing the thoughts of visionaries, deliberating on the action points that is required to take Supply Chain & Logistics sector to the next level.
Industries at Focus
Why the Summit?
It has been ET’s constant endeavour to highlight, acknowledge and amplify the voice of the industry through our publications, news coverage and industry led networking platforms and summits. The idea behind the ET Supply Chain & Logistics Summit 2019 is to discover a world of innovation that will transform the supply chain domain and design a highly engaging and educative networking platform that encourages the stakeholders to collaborate and innovate.
In this 08 hours journey, we will capture the thoughts of the visionary and deliberate on the action points that is required to take this sector to the next level. We will talk about the immergence of new technologies that will help to achieve Smart, Quick & Unconventional Supply Chain 4.0.
What makes the Summit Unique?
A world class platform, one-to-one meetings with solution providers and the opportunity to network with your peers will arm you with the information you need. The summit will discuss key challenges being faced, advancement in the sector and the opportunities.
- Thought provoking leaders from the domain under one roof
- Inclusive session that will enable and engage the audience through an interesting and thought provoking group discussion to discuss the key issues in the industry and bring out their relevant solutions
- Case studies to understand business models that’s transforming businesses
- Live Survey during the summit that will provide immediate feedback from the attending audience on varied issues
- Real world industry case studies covering FMCG, Retail, Transport, Manufacturing, Government, Healthcare and more
- A community of CxOs, supply chain and data leaders and innovators at the forefront of the digital supply chain
- We will also explore an opportunity with “Student Chair” & “Open Chair Forum” wherein a selected/nominated student and/or an attendee will get an opportunity to share the platform with visionaries and share their thoughts with the forum.
The revolution in context to India
Investment into India’s supply chain infrastructure is gaining momentum.
The introduction of the Goods and Services Tax (GST), liberalizing foreign direct investment (FDI) rules, and increased government spending has helped spur growth in the sector. With the vision of becoming a global manufacturing hub & spotlight on initiatives like ‘Make in India’, India is witnessing a complete nationwide supply chain reform, promoting growth in all allied sectors. The strengthening of supply chain ecosystem also promotes the idea of ‘Ease of Doing Business’ which has been the narrative of many developing nations.
The supply chain and logistics sector is evolving rapidly in India with development in infrastructure and technology.
It is the backbone of the economy, providing the efficient, cost effective flow of goods on which other commercial sectors depend. With India eyeing to be the second largest economy, Supply Chain 4.0 is definitely going to play a major role in achieving the goal.
Over the past couple of decades, the supply chain sector has undergone a tremendous change. The past few years has witnessed a rapid growth in the supply chain management function with focus on advanced planning processes, such as analytical demand planning or integrated sales and operations planning (S&OP), which have become established business processes in many companies.
While logistics has often been outsourced to third-party logistics providers, wherein the supply-chain function ensures that operations are well-integrated, from suppliers through to customers, with decisions on cost, inventory, and customer service made from an end-to-end perspective rather than by each function in isolation. The supply function is now so important that large manufacturers have started working on in-house logistics model which would cater to their demand and supply chain.