The Economic Times Doctor’s Day Conclave 2018
Acknowledging the Architects of Healthy India
30th June 2018, New Delhi
|Opening Remarks by ET Edge|
|Chief Guest Address|
|Address by Guest of Honour|
|The Ethics of the Doctor – Patient Relationship "Trust"|
|The doctor–patient relationship is a vital part of health care and the practice of medicine. This understanding and the relationship forms one of the foundations of contemporary medical ethics. The most important part of a consultation/ treatment procedure is where the patient express immense confidence in the competence of their physician and must feel that they can unburden in him or her. For doctors, the formation of a good rapport with a patient is important for carrying out the diagnosis.
In the recent past, we have witnessed cases wherein this relationship between few doctors and their patients got hampered resulting in public violence and protests against those doctors. As a result of this, the relationship between the doctor and his/her patient is in question. In this panel, the expert panellist will enlighten on:
|• The importance of healthy relationship between doctor and the patient
• The X-Factor of Doctor – Patient Relationship - “Trust”
• Expectation VS Reality
• How important it is for patients/ general public to understand a Doctors dilemma?
• What makes a good Doctor?
• The patient’s role in treatment approach and decision making process
|In the Doctor's Diary: Concern’s which are plaguing the growth path of medical situation in India|
• Policy Affairs
• Lack of quality doctors
• Doctor – Patient ratio
• Cost of treatment
• Availability of life saving drugs
• Awareness among general public on blood and organ donations
|Digitizing Healthcare: How Technological Advancements in Medical Care is Transforming Lives?|
|We all are aware of the fact that technology has become an integral part of our everyday lives and in every possible way. Though technology has been flooding almost every aspect of our lives, until recent years the medical field has been largely unaffected by the swift pace of technological innovation that is characteristic of the Digital Age. Technology innovations in medical science is enabling physicians, doctors and surgeons to better understand their patients and handle complex medical situations. Needless to say, technology is providing doctors with data which is quick and accurate. Innovations in this sector is truly changing the landscape of the medical science.
|• The new era of technologically advanced medical science
• Technology powering doctors to perform miracles
• Advantages of recent innovations like robotics and remote monitoring
• Innovations preserving our health
• The modern hospital experience
• Surgery through simulation
• Technology in Lab Testing
• Cloud computing in medical science – data security an issue?
|True Story: Vote of Thanks|
|A vote of thanks to doctors for their love, affection and priceless care of their patients|
|Close of conference|